Skip to main content
Whether you have moved once or a dozen times, it never seems to get any easier. Here are some hints that we hope you will find helpful as you prepare for moving day.
- Make agreements with buyers about possession of the home and moving date. Having sellers and buyers meet on the front walk - each with a house full of furniture - is not a happy situation.
- Start planning early. Once you are confident that you will be proceeding with the sale, start weeding out your current possessions. Toss (or give away, sell at a yard sale, or on-line) things that you don't want to move.
- Make a list on any important items you will need to buy for your new house. Examples: draperies, blinds, shower curtains, etc. Having these things with you on the day you move in prevents unnecessary surprises.
- Start packing early. Anything that you are sure you will not be using before moving day should get boxed.
- Mark every box and carton. Again, it makes it much easier if you need an item before you move, and makes it much simpler after you move. Unpacking will probably be somewhat of a gradual process--this way you know where the most necessary items are located.
© CENTURY 21 Atlantic Professional Realty. All rights reserved.
CENTURY 21® and the CENTURY 21 Logo are registered service marks owned by Century 21 Real Estate LLC. CENTURY 21 Atlantic Professional Realty fully supports the principles of the Fair Housing Act and the Equal Opportunity Act. Each franchise is independently owned and operated. Any services or products provided by independently owned and operated franchisees are not provided by, affiliated with or related to Century 21 Real Estate LLC nor any of its affiliated companies.